Sunday 21 February 2016

Artist Of The Week: Q&A With Olivier Martin

Picture: Olivier Martin
 
Hi everyone and happy Sunday to you all!!!

Hope you all are having a beautiful weekend so far.

Recently I had the privilege to do an exclusive interview with Melbourne singer/songwriter Olivier to talk about his career, experiences and what is to come in the coming months.

One of my favourite tracks from the EP “Going Back To Australia” is “Blind Love”.

Check out the acoustic performance :)
 


Amazing right?!

You can also hear audio via the link below of “Stay a little longer”.


You can stream all 5 tracks i.e. “Stay a little longer”, “Little light in the dark”, “Blind love”, “When we were together” and ”Going back to Australia” now on Spotify.


Head on over to ITunes and purchase the EP now :)

If you love acoustic, chill out kind of music, then this is the one you have been looking for!!!

We are so lucky to have such talented artists’ here in Oz.

They need to be up there among all the major artists’ in today’s industry.

To find out more about this artist, please welcome my guest Olivier.

Please tell the readers, who is Olivier Martin? And where you’re from?

Olivier: I’m a singer/songwriter based in Melbourne. I was actually born here but I’ve been living in Spain since I was little.

How old were you when you knew you wanted to become a singer/songwriter?

O: It was just something I had moving around my head since I was craving a guitar at the age of six.

I used to spend most of my days jamming in my bedroom and listening to music instead of hanging out with my mates. I was just feeling more comfortable with a guitar in my hands.

Who were your influences growing up? And who was your inspiration?

O: I grew up listening to a lot of different genres. When I was little I was a massive fan of Green Day, Stevie R. Vaughan and BB King till I discovered John Mayer’s music and went deeper into the Folk and Soul. That’s when I started to listen to all the stuff that has been influencing me the most. John Mayer, Bon Jovi, Jeff Buckley, Matt Corby, Bruce Springsteen…

They’re my biggest inspiration.

Your latest EP “Going Back To Australia”, what was the meaning behind the title?

O: Last year, before moving to Melbourne, I came through a lot of different situations with music, relationships, growing up as a person and been away from loved ones while I was writing this EP.

Every song in “Going Back To Australia” has a little story behind it, they’re all about that, about those feelings. They’re all weepie little songs written in my bedroom or in a little house I had for myself and my music.

The EP consists of 5 tracks. Which song is your favourite?

O: I don’t really have a favourite.
Although, I like the melody of Blind Love a lot. Most of the songs took days, even months to write and didn’t like them at all. I wrote “Blind Love” in less than two hours before recording it and the next month was playing in two of the biggest Spanish radios with “Stay A Little Longer”. It was crazy!

Out of the 5 songs, which one do you enjoy performing LIVE?

O: “When We Were Together” was a very quiet song until my Spanish drummer “Michu” came along and made it the most amusing song ever. At the gigs we use to play it completely different than the recorded version in the EP. Everyone joins in clapping so we go into the crowd and sing it together, It becomes a very special moment, I don’t really know how to describe it.

Throughout your music career to date, what has been your fondest memory?

O: Probably one of the last gigs I played at La Fábrica De Chocolate in Vigo (Spain). It was such an emotional night. All the pre-tickets were sold out a week before, the venue was almost full... My band and I were really excited. Also, all the fans knew I was leaving to Australia so we all tried to make it memorable.

Chlöe’s Clue came from Valencia (Spain) as a special guest. She’s probably the liveliest person I’ve ever met in my life and her presence at the gig was felt in the audience.

In the coming months, what should fans expect?

O: New songs. I just arrived a few months ago from Spain, I’m still settling in. I needed some time for myself but I’ll be ready to play around Melbourne with new tunes very soon.

I’m looking forward to it!

And what would you like to say to your new and current fans?

O: THANK YOU!

What a down to earth guy. Thank you so much Olivier in taking the time do this one on one interview with me.

To find out more about this artist and his amazing journey, make sure not to miss a beat and do yourself a favour follow, like and subscribe via the links below!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/oliviermbc
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oliviermbc/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSvP9MGjTocaTF8kv8qeUYA
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/332QQV1KBcTB1G676t90NS
Bandcamp: http://oliviermartin.bandcamp.com/releases
ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/going-back-to-australia-ep/id1032205749

Well that is it for now for Artist Of The Week.

If you’re an artist who is interested in being featured, make sure to check out the music I feature before sending, as by now you would have noticed the kind of music I post here at Music Beats Central.

Send brief bio, photo and link to your music to: musicbeatscentral@outlook.com

Some think I have people that work for me, I wish. It’s just me. This blog has been my baby for 2 years now and very proud of it :)

I use to have another domain but closed it down last year to open this one!!!

Thank you to all the current and new readers who have been following my journey, what I post etc. You are amazing and I’m so lucky to have such a fabulous MBC fam!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone and chat to you all soon.

Much love and ciao for now!
Hanan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment