Tuesday 8 November 2016

Best Of: Tina Arena

 
As I speak on behalf of all the Tina Arena fans out there, I realised I have not done a Best Of: Tina Arena entry.

You can purchase all of the songs mentioned now on ITunes or listen to my compilation on Spotify.
 

To my readers who are discovering this artist for the first time, here is all you need to know on the lovely and talented Tina Arena.

Tina Arena’s full name is Filipina Lydia Arena, born November 1st 1967, Melbourne Victoria. Tina was 8 when she started her career on family Australian program Young Talent Time.

From finishing at YTT at 16 in 1983, Tina pursued a solo singing career in the 1980s with “The Machine’s breaking down”, “Strong As Steel” and “I need your body” from her “Strong as Steel” album.

The Machines Breaking Down

I Need Your Body

Strong As Steel

In 1994 Tina released album Don’t Ask which Tina has had HUGE success with the release, such as Chains, Heaven Help my Heart, That’s The Way A Woman Feels, Show Me Heaven, Sorrento Moon and Wasn’t It Good.

One of my favourite albums and first album I bought when I was 10 years old :)

Chains

Sorrento Moon


Heaven Help My Heart


That’s The Way A Woman Feels


Wasn’t It Good


Show Me Heaven


Chains stayed on the ARIA charts for 52 weeks which was a huge achievement for Tina. And the album went 10 times platinum.

Then came her 3rd album In Deep which was released in 1997.

Hit singles that was from the album are Burn, If I Didn’t Love You, Now I Can Dance and I Want To Know What Love Is.

In Deep was certified 3x Platinum and number 3 on the French album charts.

Burn

If I Didn’t Love You


Now I Can Dance


I Want To Know What Love Is


If I Was A River


The single was only released on the UK In Deep Album. The song was written by Dianne Warren. Unfortunately the single didn’t do well in the UK commercial charts as it was peaked at #43, while concurrent single I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You duet with Marc Anthony off the Mask Of Zorro Soundtrack was a French success, inspiring Tina to begin recording French songs.

I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You

 
Her first French single was released July 1999, becoming a success in the country peaking at #2 and being certified Platinum by SNEP.

In 2000, Tina performed at the Sydney Olympics opening ceremony with The Flame, written and produced by musical conductor John Foreman.


 
That same year in 2000 she released her first compilation album “Souvenirs” which had all the hit singles including French songs Aller Plus Haut, Les Trois Cloches, Italian song Segnali di Fumo (duet with Luca Barbarossa).

Aller Plus Haut

Les Trois Cloches

Segnali di Fumo (Duet with Luca Barbarossa)


Not long after the artist released in 2001 her fourth studio album Just Me with songs Soul Mate #9, Symphony Of Life and Dare You To Be Happy.

Soul Mate #9

Symphony Of Life


Dare You To Be Happy


After the Just Me album Tina was busy collaborating with different artists, featuring in musicals and working on new material for the fans.

In 2004, Arena released her first greatest hits compilation, Greatest Hits 1994–2004 and released a new single, a top 30 moderate hit titled Italian Love Song. Arena embarked on a full-scale Australian national tour in late 2004 to early 2005 to support the certified Gold top 10 hit compilation record.

Italian Love Song

The Roc Project ft. Tina Arena – Never (Past Tense) 


In 2005 Tina released her first French album which also made it her fifth studio album Un Autre Univers.

Singles released from the album Aimer Jusqu’a I’impossible, Je M’appelle Bagdad and Tu aurais du me dire (Oser parler d’amour).

Aimer Jusqu’a I’impossible

Je M’appelle Bagdad


Tu aurais du me dire (Oser parler d’amour)


And in 2008 Tina released her second French album 7 Vies (7 Lives).
Singles released off the album Entends Tu Le Monde and L’un pour I’autre.

Entends Tu Le Monde

L’un pour I’autre


In 2007 and 2008 Tina released 2 studio cover albums Songs of Love and Loss & Songs Of Love And Loss 2.

Oh Me Oh My

Tina continued on with continuous success with releasing more albums, touring, acting on Broadway and receiving a Knighthood of the order of the National Merit in France in 2009 from French President Nicolas Sarkozy to her contributions for the French culture.
 
Arena, has also released French albums.
Tina now resides in Australia.

After waiting a long time for new material, Tina finally released RESET.

This album is I have to say, is one of my favourite albums, but then again I say that with all of Tina’s albums!! Each album is different from one another, and that’s what makes her so successful.

RESET has done so well that it went Gold after 3 weeks of it being released in October 2013 and in December 2013 it went Platinum.
You Set Fire to My Life, Reset All and Only Lonely were released between 2013 and 2014 was a HUGE success on the ARIA charts.

You Set Fire to My Life

Reset All


Only Lonely


To add in 2013 Tina released an autobiography called “Now I Can Dance”.
It’s about all her past experiences in life, music and more. A great read and definitely go buy yourself a copy of the book.

In 2015, the French version of album Songs Of Love and Loss was released.
Check out the video to Je Dis Call Me off the album.

Je Dis (Call Me)

Eleven is the eleventh studio album (9 in English, 2 in French) released by Australian singer and songwriter Tina Arena. The album was released in Australia on 30 October 2015. The first single, "I Want to Love You" was released on 4 September 2015. Arena described Eleven as a "personal album" that was "joyous to make".

I Want To Love You

Overload (Lyric Video)


The album has been nominated for ARIA Award for Best Adult Contemporary Album at the ARIA Music Awards of 2016.

I could go on and on but this is all in a nut shell.
Hope you enjoyed this entry as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you all.

Growing up listening to Tina Arena has made an impact on my life in so many ways.
Her strength and courage to get back up again over the years makes her a strong woman and human being.
I’ve had struggles in my life but I learnt to get back up again and do what I love and just be me.

It’s amazing how artists’ influence us in some ways which is all thanks to them producing such beautiful and inspiring music.

Ok guys, if you want to purchase the songs mentioned and the albums you can now via ITunes or at your local retailer. And you can listen to my compilation on Spotify.
https://open.spotify.com/user/musicbeatscentralofficial/playlist/1tpURa6LC27kQQmy0fq5ud

Make sure to follow, like and subscribe for the latest new music, news, tours and more by heading to the artists’ website.

ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/tina-arena/id181582
Booktopia: http://www.booktopia.com.au/now-i-can-dance-tina-arena/prod9780732297565.html

If I missed any songs I apologise in advance.

Ahh yes don’t forget to show some love and follow, like and subscribe to Music Beats Central for the latest new music releases, classics, news, reviews, interviews and more by heading to the links below.

www.facebook.com/musicbeatscentral
www.twitter.com/musicbeatscntrl
http://instagram.com/_musicbeatscentral_

Have a beautiful afternoon/night everyone and talk to you all soon!!!

Much love and ciao for now!
Hanan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment