Friday 3 February 2017

Artist Of The Week: Q&A With Monique Angele

 
Hi MBC fam and welcome to a second week of Artist Of The Week series.
I hope you all are enjoying the series so far as much as I am!!!

This artist needs no introduction, but I will just for you to the ones who are only discovering this artist for the very first time.

Monique Angele is an operatic piano pop singer-songwriter originally from Canada who now resides in my favourite state Melbourne, Australia.

Her music blends both classical and pop elements in a style that exhibits both pianistic finesse and soaring vocals.

Angele has released catchy tunes such as “Touch as a Sign”, “Poisonous Touch” and “Eyes” from self-titled 2014 EP “Monique Angele”. And in 2016 she released latest EP “Answers” which features singles “Answers”, “You Know” and new single “Complete”.

Check out the videos below!

Touch As A Sign (LIVE)

Poisonous Touch


Eyes


Answers


You Know (LIVE)


Complete


I Want A World


Monique's performance history makes her no stranger to the stage, possessing a background in solo piano and voice repertoire, opera and musical theatre.

Originally honing her vocal skills in classical opera, she decided that performing her own music was her calling.

Her live performances of her original music always convey a charismatic and elegant response from audience and have won rave reviews.

Her goal is to share her unique music to listeners and audiences around the world.

Her songs range from instrumental complexity and virtuosic vocals to simple and refined moments of bliss.

Whether it be about heartbreak, seduction, anger, or lighthearted themes, she delivers honest emotions to the listener.

She is currently working on her full length album set to be released in 2017.

I would like to thank Monique in taking the time out of her busy schedule to do this exclusive interview with me and being a part of this special series.

In this interview Monique talks about where she’s from, her experiences, when she knew she wanted to become a singer-songwriter, the meaning of her latest single “Complete” and more!!!

Please welcome my special guest Monique Angele :)

Please tell the readers who you are and where you’re from?

MA: I’m an operatic piano pop singer-songwriter originally from Toronto, Canada. I’m currently based in Melbourne, Australia. 

When did you know you wanted to become a singer-songwriter?

MA: I wanted to become a singer-songwriter during my time studying opera. I've always wanted to experiment writing my own music. Ever since I started writing and performing my originals I knew this is what I wanted to do.

Throughout your music career, what has been the most rewarding to date?

MA: I think completing my 2 EP's have been my most rewarding achievement. There is nothing like completing a polished recording of your own songs and releasing it to the world for people to hear.

You have released 2 EP’s, first self-titled and your most recent “Answers”. What makes your recent EP different from the first one? And which song is your favourite?

MA: The "Answers" EP I think is a bit more experimental than my first EP. I made each song develop and progress according to the theme of the music/lyrics. I allowed the songs to develop outside of the box and I think that is why each song sounds quite different in the "Answers" EP. Overall, I think the style is more of a pop sound, yet still has classical elements. My favourite song is "Answers" because of the gradual build of the music and the lyrics.

Your latest single “Complete”, what does this song mean to you and what was the process in making the video clip?

MA: "Complete" is my happiest and most upbeat song that I have released. It's about frivolous and gitty love. Making the video was a lot of fun! Shawn

Burgess (videographer) and I came up with the story line of a groupie girl having an obsession for a musician. Our friend, Toronto singer-songwriter Jordan Kyle, is the musician that the groupie girl loves. We filmed the video in Toronto, Canada. We tried to make it a ridiculous and comical music video to suit the upbeat tone of the music.

What has been the highlight and challenge in making the EP?

MA: I think the biggest highlight of making the EP was making each song unique and sounding to its highest potential. The challenge in making the EP was recording it. Since I was travelling quite a bit at the time, Shawn and I had to find ways to produce it to how exactly I wanted it to sound.

In the coming months, what should we expect?

MA: I am planning more gigs in Melbourne and elsewhere in the coming months. I am also currently working on my full length album which will be very exciting!

And lastly, what would you like to say to your new and current fans?

MA: I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and my music. I can't thank you enough! I really appreciate everyone who supports unique and different indie music!

Nothing like discovering new talent and love when artists’ reach out and let me know what they have released or about to release.
 
Once you hear the first few seconds of a song you rather hate it or love it.

But when this artist sent through her music, I knew I had to share with you all this amazingly talented superstar!!!

To keep up to date make sure to follow, like and subscribe for the latest music, news, tours etc., make sure to head to the links below!!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/moniqueangeleofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/monique_angele
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monique_angele/

To hear Monique’s latest EP’s you can now on Spotify and you can purchase both EP’s on ITunes!!

ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/monique-angele/id810105644

Thank you for always stopping by and come back soon for my next “Artist Of The Week: Q&A series”.

Don’t forget to follow, like and subscribe to Music Beats Central for the latest new music, classics, reviews, interviews and more by heading to the right hand side of this page to enter your email address to receive my latest posts in your inbox.

You can also follow me on all social media by heading to the links below:

Twitter
Instagram

Keep supporting local talent and spread the word and love to all your friends and family and on all social media!!!

Have a great afternoon and a wonderful weekend :)

Much love and ciao for now!
Hanan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment